Sunday, February 5, 2012

Crafting with Rocks!

Creative outlets for students are important. It is a chance to decompress after studying, reading textbooks, doing homework assignments, writing papers, making flashcards, spending time with study groups, going to club meetings and working at club activities. One just needs to do something fun and mindless!

What creative outlet does a geology student have? The answer is: gluing googly eyes on rocks of course. This is a project that our Geology Club is doing in preparation for the upcoming Earth Day that we will give these out to visiting elementary school children.

Sitting around with my peers gluing tiny eyes on these rocks was so enjoyable. One of our newest club members joined us and it was great getting to know George better. I looked down after we ran out of eyes to glue, and realized that looking into these cute little rock faces, that I so wanted to adopt them all. I just loved their sweet little faces...unfortunately though I had to help pack them away for the children on Earth Day. Much to the gratefulness of my husband I am sure, since there is literally no more room in my house for "another rock" (like that would stop me? - as I through my head back and attempt my best villain laugh)!

P.S.: Yes, the Cyclops rock was my creation... o )

No comments:

Post a Comment